Monday, January 25, 2010

Life as a DTS student has never been more exciting or so fast! Three months has gone by since I began this chapter in my life, and now only two months left!

Lecture phase has been amazing having so many dynamic speakers talking about how we can improve our personal relationship with God. Not only have I learned about the Character of God and how He longs after an intimate friendship with me, I have also been able to use the gifts that God has given me practically with my HANDS.

I have been actively involved with music and worship since arriving in Herrnhut. Many more opportunities have been given to me to lead worship; an area of my life where I feel God is behind me and is pushing me along to strive and grow in.

Another opportunity given to glorify God through music came when half way into my Lecture phase we had a week “mini-outreach” where I was part of an “arts” team who got to Berlin to minister to the homeless; and also street evangelism through photography, writing, art and in my case worship/music. It was amazing to just let everything out and worship God on the streets.

Not only have I been able to use music as a tool for evangelism and worship; God has used my area in the sports world. Having played volleyball in school, I was able to find a local team through the local YMCA outreach that I have been able to practice with. Since it is a ministry alongside playing I was asked to share my testimony with the team. I talked about how we can be good at what you love; striving after perfection and teamwork both applying it biblically and in terms of volleyball. It was a real good time as I saw because of the fact that I was relatively good at volleyball they accepted me for who I was and were willing to listen. I have also started to play table tennis with some local university boys. With these sports I am hoping to use both volleyball and table tennis as an avenue that will open up doors for me to share more about how much I love Jesus.

It’s a new year and Outreach has come! We were given 8 different option of where we should go on outreach and as I prayed I felt to go to Hong Kong through the “hub” team that was based in Thailand. So as of right now I am in Thailand and will take off for Hong Kong in the morning with a team of eight to work with local Churches in Hong Kong and then an orphanage in the area. Our focus as a team of photographers, musicians and artists is to do our best to expose and end world poverty as well as human trafficking through our “arts”. I am really excited to see how God uses me in these next two months! I hope and pray that I will be able to give my all and keep my eyes and ears open to see how God wants me to use my HANDS. God is God and is doing amazing things already in our outreach and is really using me and my team mightily!

if you want the real update.. "news letter form" send me your email address on facebook ..

caleb

No comments:

Post a Comment